We are pleased to announce the release of a beta version of Plumi 4.1. New features are focused on improving video sharing and playback, including BitTorrent video-sharing support, high/low resolution video playback, video-analytics and template improvements.
The plumi.app package can be found on PyPI here:
It is available here on Plone.org:
- Torrent support [clopy]
- Show available seeders on video view [clopy]
- Views/ Downloads stats for videos [dimo, mgogoulos]
- High / Low quality for videos [clopy]
- Remove Action – Renaming Video Item – When in Pending/Published State [dave]
- Remove ability of ordinary Members to change folder view of any folder [dave]
- Add link to video author in taxonomy and other video listings [dave]
A full list of tickets closed for this release can be found here on the Plumi development tracker.
This version is beta software, it is not ready for a production environment, but please try installing it and send us any bugs you find by lodging them as a ticket here.
You can also test the software at the Plumi testing site here:
The code is available here in SVN:
This release has been produced by Unweb in conjunction with EngageMedia.
We are pleased to announce the release of the final stable version Plumi 4.0 based on the latest Plone 4.0.
The Plumi 4.0 Final plumi.app package can be found on PyPI here:
Or here on the Plone.org website:
This version includes bug fixes and improvements to ensure a stable release primarily focused on rebasing Plumi on Plone 4, in addition to other improvements and re-factoring of Plumi including new production and development buildouts located inside the plumi.app egg, updating the caching system, cleanup of installation code and moving parts to GenericSetup, replacing older products with newer and better maintained products or removing dependencies and other improvements. FFmpeg and codecs required by the transcoding framework are also now included in the buildout which means a simpler installation process.
Recent changes for the final release include:
- fix authorlisting error if a user doesn’t have a member folder [clopy]
- remove duplicate icons for news and events [clopy]
- fix login form allignment issue on safari [clopy]
- update personalize form for plone 4 [clopy]
- restored category and country information on video listings [clopy]
- removed homepages field for the final release [clopy]
This version is stable and production-ready, but send us any bugs you may find by lodging them as a ticket here:
This is a major step forward for the Plumi project, which includes all the improvements available inside Plone 4. Plone 4 is faster and easier to use than ever, you can read all about it here:
This release has been produced by Unweb (https://unweb.me) in conjunction with EngageMedia (https://www.engagemedia.org).
We’re proud to announce that a release candidate for Plumi 4.0 has just been released:
The changes include:
- update plone.app.caching [dimo]
- production buildout automatically sets file permissions [dimo]
- disable ftp server in debug instance [dimo]
- move portlet assignments to plumi.app & remove browse portlet [dimo]
- update install docs [dimo]
- add custom image workflow [clopy]
- return splash image to previous quality [clopy]
- update vocabs, move taxonomy generation in a separate product [clopy]
- update ffmpeg library paths [clopy]
- reduce flowplayer splash image file size [clopy]
- update locales [dimo]
For a full list of closed tickets check:
Development and production builds are available, and are both working now. If you simply want to evaluate or develop Plumi, then you don’t need a fully fledged production build with caching, multiple load balanced zope instances, etc. A much more lightweight buildout is provided instead.
Updated installation instructions are available: