4.3.1 is a stable release focused on minor improvements to the user interface, workflow and buildout. This includes tweaking the mediaelement.js HTML5 video player and Universal Subtitles integration, using the favicon as a logo / link back to the Plumi site when videos are embedded, use of standard video listings template for language lookups, making FTP uploads added in private state by default, changes to piwik settings for video play/download statistics, making logos appear correctly in Creative Commons license chooser, changing link to author page not member page for username links in various templates, making callouts private to remove from interface and adding Universal Subtitles to the featured video on the front page. There were also changes to buildout as per the changelog below.
See the changelog here:
You can download the package from http://plone.org/products/plumi/releases/4.3.1 or via http://pypi.python.org/pypi/plumi.app/4.3.1
The changes can be seen in action at http://demo.plumi.org or with a different skin on the EngageMedia site http://engagemedia.org
See closed tickets for this release on the Plumi tracker.
Unweb have tagged a 4.3b2 version of plumi.app. It’s available here:
The beta includes updating to Plone 4.1.2, support for 16:9 video transcoding, webm transcoding, replacement of Flowplayer with mediaelement.js HTML5 player, video language added to metadata and support for the Universal Subtitles platform.
Also updated is the INSTALL.txt with the new installation how-to.
Please install, test and get in contact with us via the email list if you find any bugs.
Here are the changelogs for plumi.app and plumi.content:
4.3b2 plumi.app (2011-12-03) [unweb.me]
- added mkv and wmv files to cache exceptions [clopy]
- moved repo to github [garbas]
- added support for 16:9 transcoding, updated ffmpeg version [clopy]
- removing propertiestool.xml – functionality was moved to other packages [garbas]
- publish link should be part of desgin (moving to plumi.skin) [garbas]
- removed boilerplate code [garbas]
- added iw.debug into devel.cfg [garbas]
- update to Plone 4.1.2 [garbas, dimo]
- add publish and notifyMemberAreaCreated via portal_skins (from plumi.skin) [garbas]
- added webm transcoding support [clopy, cpsaltis, dimo]
- updated transcode script to catch odd resolutions [clopy]
- update thumbnail generation script for 16:9 [clopy]
- replace collective.flowplayer with collective.mediaelementjs [clopy, dimo]
- replace collective.piwik.flowplayer with collective.piwik.mediaelement [dimo]
- add plone.app.theming support & update lxml [dimo]
- pump up versions of external tools [cpsaltis]
- add vocabulary and index for video languages [clopy]
- update installation method and docs [dimo]
4.3b2 plumi.content (2011-12-03)
- don’t stretch videos on playback [clopy]
- add scaling to front page video for 16:9 support [clopy]
- moved repo to github [garbas]
- copied relevant parts from propertiestool.xml that were removed from plumi.app [garbas]
- moved featured_videos_homepage from plumi.content to plumi.app [garbas]
- html5 support [clopy, cpsaltis, dimo]
- added Video Language field [clopy]
- Universal Subtitles support [clopy, cpsaltis, dimo]
- removed Flowplayer dependency, replace with MediaElementJS [clopy, dimo]
- conform to pep8 [cpsaltis]
- update plumi.content buildout [dimo]
- add video language to listings [clopy]
- update dacebook meta tags for 16:9 video [clopy]
- add uninstall profile [dimo]
The Plumi code repository has a new home on GitHub, having moved recently from the Plone Collective.
We are currently working towards a Plumi 4.3 beta release, including support for Universal Subtitles, 16:9 video and an HTML5 video player (with auto fallback to Flash video support for older browsers).
You can check out the development tracker here.