EngageMedia and Unweb have released Plumi 3.1.1, the latest version of the video sharing platform that is built on the Plone open source content management system.
In this bug fix & stability release, the changes focus on enhancing the transcoding framework, improving the commenting system and correcting issues with video embedding:
- Transcoded video files are deleted when a video is deleted in Plumi
- The “bookmarks” icon has been replaced with a standard social media “Share” icon and the list of available sites has been expanded
- Videos are now listed in reverse chronological order in member video folders, video lists and RSS/Vodcast feeds
- Comments are now listed in reverse chronological order
- The option to nominate a language when uploading a video has been removed
- Improved display of videos linked within Facebook
- Revised embed code to address issues encountered in WordPress and Drupal based sites
- Modified call to Transcode.Daemon to ensure all videos are transcoded when uploaded via web or FTP
- Able to change the owner of a video
You can download Plumi 3.1.1 as a compressed tar file from Plone.org or via SVN.
If youâ€™d like to get involved in Plumi development please make contact at irc.freenode.net #plumi or join the discussion or announcement lists.
A working version of Plumi 3.1.1 can be seen at http://engagemedia.org.
Thanks to the developers, testers and coordinators who made this release possible!
EngageMedia and Unweb will be at the 2010 Plone Conference in Bristol this year, checking out the various talks, networking with other Plone-heads, and holding a Plone Video Sprint.
In a follow up to our last Plone Video Sprint in Budapest, this sprint will be an opportunity for Plone programmers to get together, dream up some visions for the future of Plone video and polish off some chunk-sized pieces of functionality in a collaborative environment.
The agenda is currently being shaped here. We welcome all those interested in joining us, so please join up to Coactivate and add your ideas on the wiki ahead of the conference in order to produce a focus and productive meeting.
EngageMedia and Unweb have released Plumi 3.1.1 into beta testing. You can download the release in a tar file from the Plumi 3.1.1 Beta entry on plone.org.
The changes introduced in this version include:
- Deleting a video in Plumi will also delete any transcoded copies
- No longer asks the user to select a language when loading a video
- Improvements to the code Plumi uses when embedding videos in WordPress or Drupal sites
- Improved “bookmark” button
- Video listings, member video folders and RSS1 / RSS2 feeds display in reverse chronological order
- Transcode daemon was occasionally missing some videos when they were uploaded
- Able to change the author of a video
You can find more details about these changes at the plumi trac report for 3.1.1.
Please send an email to the plumi-discuss list or post a message in #plumi to let us know how you go installing & using the Plumi 3.1.1 beta.