Plumi 4.3-final is now available. A summary of changes can be found below.
- online subtitling support using Universal Subtitles
- html5 support using webm and mp4 (high res and standard transcodes available) makes page loads massively faster – no more flowplayer.
- all transcoded versions are available for easy download
- better and more reliable support for 16:9 video
- sort and find videos by language
- play count on videos is now counted when the video is played embedded on another site
- updated to Plone 4.1
- replace collective.piwik.flowplayer with collective.piwik.mediaelement
- Video transcoding progress indicator for site admins
For a full list of changes please see the changelog.
You can download the package from http://plone.org/products/plumi/releases/4.3-Final or via http://pypi.python.org/pypi/plumi.app/4.3
The changes can be seen in action at http://engagemedia.org and http://demo.plumi.org
Thanks to Unweb.me, Rok Garbas and Anna Helme for getting us across the line and producing the best Plumi release to date.
Includes Zope_Hotfix_20110622 that patches a serious security vulnerability
EngageMedia and Unweb are pleased to announce the 4.2.1-Final release of the Plumi video sharing platform. Plumi 4.2.1 focuses on stability, speed and installation enhancements along with a number of bug fixes. It is the first stable release since Plumi 4.1 and includes the Plone security patches issued in early June 2011.
Improvements in this release include
- Author page now only pulls in news/events created by that author;
- Minor layout clean up to the author page;
- Indonesian translation enhancements – option to choose low/high resolution version of the embedded player;
- Add timeout to scheduler queue to avoid possible transcoder freeze;
- Backward compatibility with pre iframe embed code to ensure old embeds can be played;
- Thumbnail is taken at 8 seconds rather than at 4 seconds to reduce number of instances of black frames;
- Page size optimizations – double loading of flash player removed and lower resolution thumbnail is displayed;
- Simplify installation procedure by automatically creating a Plone site and installing plumi.app;
- Update tests use plone.app.testing;
- Fix doctests;
- Update to Plone 4.0.7 that includes the latest security fixes.
The release can be found at http://plone.org/products/plumi
SVN at https://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/plumi.app/tags/4.2.1/
A demo can be seen at http://demo.plumi.org and http://engagemedia.org
Full changelogs at