We are pleased to announce the release of the final stable version Plumi 4.0 based on the latest Plone 4.0.
The Plumi 4.0 Final plumi.app package can be found on PyPI here:
Or here on the Plone.org website:
This version includes bug fixes and improvements to ensure a stable release primarily focused on rebasing Plumi on Plone 4, in addition to other improvements and re-factoring of Plumi including new production and development buildouts located inside the plumi.app egg, updating the caching system, cleanup of installation code and moving parts to GenericSetup, replacing older products with newer and better maintained products or removing dependencies and other improvements. FFmpeg and codecs required by the transcoding framework are also now included in the buildout which means a simpler installation process.
Recent changes for the final release include:
- fix authorlisting error if a user doesn’t have a member folder [clopy]
- remove duplicate icons for news and events [clopy]
- fix login form allignment issue on safari [clopy]
- update personalize form for plone 4 [clopy]
- restored category and country information on video listings [clopy]
- removed homepages field for the final release [clopy]
This version is stable and production-ready, but send us any bugs you may find by lodging them as a ticket here:
This is a major step forward for the Plumi project, which includes all the improvements available inside Plone 4. Plone 4 is faster and easier to use than ever, you can read all about it here: